Business doesn’t have to be all work and no play! Over the years, we’ve seen our fair share of events hosted in Level Offices across the country, from business networking events, to parties, and even weddings. The space and culture of coworking help cultivate an environment of excitement, creativity, and of course, collaboration.
Here’s everything you need to know to get started on planning your own events within a coworking space.
Why Coworking Spaces Make For Great Event Spaces
You may be wondering- why are coworking spaces ideal for events? Why not just reserve a venue? Here are a few reasons:
Coworking spaces often take up entire floors and feature open designs that aren’t constrained by cubicles, computers, or other bulky furniture or equipment. The combined space in the public area and kitchen can accommodate small gatherings or crowds in the hundreds. In addition, instead of a flat and gray office design, coworking spaces have more color and vibrancy, making it a more inviting place to be in.
Each coworking space is part of a much larger network that includes hundreds of businesses, entrepreneurs, and freelancers, many of which are in the same building. Businesses don’t need to waste hours reaching out to other brands- they have a vast directory of potential audience guests in the same location.
Coworking spaces aren’t just literal spaces. Each space has all the furniture, technology, and resources a business may need to host a successful event. That might include equipment like projectors, remotes, and microphones for presentation events, or even beer on tap and liquor selections for happy hour events. If it’s not there, Level Office’s staff are more than happy to assist in finding a solution.
Planning events can be a lot of work for one or two people. Let the coworking staff assist in making sure it runs smoothly. Our team is trained to help with all the little details that make an event successful – ordering food, checking guests in, troubleshooting tech issues, or just introducing the speaker of the night.
Examples Of Successful Coworking Events
- Team Meetings – The most common type of event in a coworking space are team meetings, sometimes for a handful of people, other times for a full-sized company.
- Guest Speakers – Coworking spaces are great opportunities for speakers from any industry to share their expertise and meet new clients or followers. We’ve seen guest speakers present on various issues, from real estate financing to choosing the right suit, to managing your social media.
- Lunch & Learn – Level Office features a Lunch & Learn event each month, a daytime event where guests are offered free lunch and the opportunity to participate in a workshop, lecture, or speaking event. Learn the basics of financial planning while enjoying free Jimmy John’s, or get some career guidance over some Poke bowls!
- Workshops and Classes – Some events are more involved and require active group participation. We’ve seen yoga classes in the early morning, and business strategy classes in the evening.
- Happy Hour – Some businesses may want to hold a networking event or, have a few drinks as a team. Level Office has the perfect space for these events and provide various alcohol options like beer on tap.
- Game Night – Remember it’s not all about work! We’ve noticed a few companies who have set up card and board games on Friday evenings with mixed drinks on the side to welcome both new and familiar clients.
Tips For Hosting Your Own Event
Want to host your own event at a coworking space? Here are a few tips:
Book in advance
Most event spaces are first-come, first-served. We’d love to host as many events as we can, but sometimes there are too many businesses slated for a single night. Each space has a registration system that makes it easy to reserve a space ahead of time. Once your space is reserved, only your business has access at those times.
Plan Food and Drink Options
You’d be surprised how many people will come and stay for an event just for the pizza. Food and drink are crucial! Make sure to have a clear plan for where and when you will pick up refreshments and snacks for your audience. It doesn’t have to be fancy- many of the most successful events held at Level Office have offered light sandwiches and chips.
Promote the event
A large part of putting on a great event is just making sure people are aware that it is happening. Traditional promotion strategies like posted flyers and word of mouth are more than enough to spread the word, but posting on social media websites (particularly Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), as well as Eventbrite, can attract even greater audiences.
Set the lighting and music
Lighting and music can turn an average event into a memorable one. Adjust the lights depending on the event- professional events tend to have dimmer lighting setups, while workshops and speaker events may have spotlights. Each coworking space has wireless Sonos speakers that allow businesses to stream the music of their choice. You don’t want it to be silent or just full of chatter all the time!
Plan it with Level Office
Level Office knows how to do events- we’ve hosted thousands already. Each Level Office location has all the supplies, equipment, and support you need to enjoy a successful event. Whether you’re a large company, a small startup, or a guest speaker looking for wider exposure, Level Office can work with you to create an event worth remembering.
To see a map of all available Level Office spaces, check out our Locations page.
Learn more about what Level Office has to offer, and contact us today.